If you are unfortunate enough to suffer from recurrent outbreaks of BV, it is very likely that you have already tried conventional treatments, such as antibiotics and expensive over the counter remedies, all to no avail. You may well be considering trying out alternative treatment for bacterial vaginosis in the hope that you can find a permanent solution.
The problem with conventional treatments is that they are one-dimensional. They simply deal with one aspect of the condition, which is symptomatic relief. For example, antibiotics will kill off harmful bacteria, over the counter creams and lotions will soothe the inflamed area but neither will deal with the underlying causes of bacterial vaginosis which is precisely why the condition returns again and again.
Alternative treatment for bacterial vaginosis can take many forms. Including the ad-hoc remedies which you will find when searching the internet. Indeed, one of the simplest forms of “treatment” is in fact, “non-treatment” as a one-off isolated outbreak could well clear up on its own. However, recurrent outbreaks are a definite sign that there is an imbalance-an underlying cause which is making BV return time and time again and if you have already tried conventional methods, then alternative treatment for bacterial vaginosis is the way forward to ensure that you can live a life free of BV.
The best method is to use a strategy which is multifaceted, which can deal with all aspects of the condition. To be successful, treatment needs to incorporate the following elements:-
* Strategies for fast symptom relief
* Strategies to rebalance the imbalanced pH level in the vagina
* Methods of killing off harmful bacteria
* Ways to enhance the levels of beneficial bacteria
* Methods of eliminating the underlying root causes of BV
Any alternative treatment for bacterial vaginosis which does not include these elements cannot permanently eliminate BV and although you may find that you do get some relief, this is likely to be temporary.
To get you started, the following tips will help give you some relief:-
* To kill off harmful bacteria, add 10-12 drops of tea tree oil to a shallow or “Sitz” bath. Sit in it for 20 minutes
* Live probiotic yogurt can be very helpful as the bacteria in it mirrors the healthy bacteria of the vagina. Dip a tampon in the yogurt and insert it for an hour or so
* Use cold compresses on the vaginal area as this will help soothe the inflamed areas
There is an excellent, robust strategy which is guaranteed to work and which has helped many thousands of women worldwide be completely free of BV for good. If you would like to see further details of this alternative treatment for bacterial vaginosis, please Click Here Now.
Written By: Miriam Hopton
Miriam is a writer, concentrating mainly on female health-related issues. She only recommends products after thoroughly checking them out and ensuring that customer satisfaction levels are high.